(This is a flexible opportunity and has the option of working in our Toronto office or hybrid)
Propel (TSX: PRL) (formerly MoneyKey) is an innovative, online fintech company, committed to credit inclusion by providing and facilitating fair, fast and transparent access to credit with exceptional service using its proprietary, industry-leading online platform. Through its operating brands, Propel is focused on providing access to credit to underserved consumers who struggle to access credit from mainstream credit providers. Propel is proud to have been able to facilitate access to credit for an increasing number of consumers, helping them move forward in their credit journeys.
For over a decade, we have been able to provide our customers, our partners, and an ever-increasing number of consumers with financial technology solutions and products that they can count on.
Our amazing team has experienced phenomenal growth and thrives on an entrepreneurial spirit, passion, and top-tier talent. We are innovative and have a dynamic workforce which has experienced incredible growth and success. Talent and hard work never go unnoticed, and we believe in succeeding together.
You are a talented professional looking for a career, not a job. Reporting to the Agile Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for building and maintaining the Lean and Agile processes at Propel.
You picture yourself succeeding within a vibrant and entrepreneurial organization where your ideas will be heard, and where you will have an opportunity to showcase your talents and great skills. You are motivated by goals, a self-starter, and a hardworking individual who likes to wear multiple hats. We are seeking a proven, driven team player who is looking to join a fast-paced, high growth, energetic and forward-thinking team.
About Our Team:
Do you consider catering the needs of end users and customers a team sport? Are you the keeper of team happiness, performance, and purpose? Are you a motivator, an instigator, a mischief-maker? But are you a good listener, ready to mold a process that serves the people and the customer? Good! We were looking for you!
- Guide the development team on how to integrate agile ceremonies and values into daily work.
- Implement and promote use of agile methodology within the team
- Facilitate agile ceremonies including iteration planning, iteration review, retrospectives, and daily standups
- Create a forum for discussing Product Backlog items amongst the team and help the Product Owner or Business Analysis team maintain and prioritize the product backlog
- Apply techniques for effective workflow visualization and management (e.g. Kanban or Scrum Boards)
- Identify, manage, and help mitigate issues and risks, with particular emphasis on timely removal of impediments for the team and/or directing obstacles to appropriate owners for quick resolution
- Facilitate identifying and enacting improvement strategies to increase the productivity of the team and quality of deliverables
- Ensure team execution and delivery to committed work- maintaining the momentum of the initiative and upholding a sustainable pace of delivery; track agile metrics to provide statistical proof of momentum and sustainability
- Understand long-term product planning/ roadmap and help inform development teams to create quicker gains for the benefit of the end user
- Ensure that proper lightweight documentation is captured in artifacts such as program vision statement, program backlog, program roadmap, release plan, iteration backlog, and increments.
- Encourage an environment where open communication and collaborative problem solving can pave the way for faster removal of any impediments and where the impact of mistakes can be minimized through early detection, making them into learning opportunities
- Collaborates with other Scrum Masters to improve process efficiency and increase collaboration and transparency
- Managing partnerships with external vendors as needed
- 3-5 years as Scrum Master
- Hands on experience and knowledge of one or more Agile methodologies (any of Scrum, Kanban or…) and Tool stack (JIRA, Confluence, or any digital tool stack)
- Knowledge of software development processes and procedures (SDLC…)
- Degree or Diploma or relevant work experience in an agile delivery space
Nice to Have:
- CSM (Certified Scrum Master) or PSM (Professional Scrum Master)
- Kanban Certifications
- Preferably previous experience in the financial services, credit or FINTECH industry
- Change Management and Audit experience
Benefits to Joining Propel
- Growth and opportunity – we pride ourselves on promoting from within
- Incredible company culture
- Competitive salary and health benefits
- Comprehensive vacation package
- Group health and dental benefits
- Group RRSP program
- Support for new parents
- Diverse and inclusive workplace
Please note: Due to COVID-19 Guidelines, all interviews will be conducted using “Teams”.
As restrictions change, we, continue to monitor and follow all provincial and federal public health guidelines. Our commitment to ensuring the safety and health of our employees and candidates remains a top priority. We will continue to offer flexible working arrangements that include working remotely or “in-office” with proper safety and health measures in place.
Should you require accommodation throughout any stage of the recruitment and selection process, please specify your requirements when submitting your application and we will work with you to accommodate your needs.
We welcome and encourage applications from individuals from all groups, including aboriginal, women, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities, regardless of race, ethnicity, family status, national origin, age, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities.
We thank all applications for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies or phone calls.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Work from home
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON M5E 1K3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have experience in Agile Methodologies ?
- Do you have experience with Jira ?
- Do you have experience with Confluence ?
- Do you have experience with the SDLC process ?
- Scrum Master: 3 years (required)